2013 is nearly over and it’s just about time to start the New Year. Is your list of New Year’s resolutions complete? Most people have fitness and nutrition goals—but many people also look to their homes. Do you want to improve your home in 2014?
Home improvement starts on the outside. After all, your home’s exterior is the first thing visitors see and it can make a good—or bad—first impression. So make sure your home is ready for the New Year looking and functioning its best!
Ways to Improve Your Home: Exterior Remodeling
There are plenty of ways to improve the appearance of your house and make sure it is in top shape. This is beneficial not just for when you have guests over but also when storms hit—homes with broken gutters, windows, etc. can be more susceptible to damage.
To improve your home, you may want to consider:
- Replacing old, drafty windows and doors
- Repairing or replacing broken shutters
- Fixing any damaged roofing (check for missing or curling shingles, granule in the gutters, excessive moss and black mold, etc.)
- Repairing or replacing old or broken gutters
- Installing gutter guards (which come in handy, especially in the fall)
- Replacing old siding with new energy-efficient siding
- Installing new trim
- Repairing cracked or broken skylights
- Installing a new front walkway (or re-paving an old one)
- Making sure your garage door is sealed properly (a fresh coat of paint can also really help boost curb appeal and market value)
Home Improvement Services in MD, DC & VA
If you’re interested in exterior home improvement services, Shanco Companies is the company you need. For over 20 years, we’ve been helping homeowners in Maryland, Washington, DC, and Northern Virginia.
Contact us to learn more about our services!