Outside of a pane of shattered glass, many of us never really consider a window replacement. But replacing at the right time can provide you with a bunch of great benefits and perks, many of which should not be ignored! Do you know how often you should be replacing your windows? If not, you’re about to find out with the experts at Shanco.
Our window experts can guarantee replacement services that are a cut above. Contact us now to find out more, or call a window professional in MD, VA, or DC now by dialing 301-208-0848!
Signs You Need to Replace Your Windows
When a window begins to near the end of its lifespan, it tends to start showing very clear signs that something is wrong. These are pretty easy to spot if you know what you’re looking for:
- Drafty windows. Feeling a burst of outdoor air when you’re lounging or just walking by your windows? If you do, there’s a very good chance that the window is failing. The whole point of a window is to add natural light and look great, but a good window is supposed to do it without letting outside air intrude!
- Moisture damage around or near the window. Dark patches, mold, structural weakness—these are all clear signs that the seals on your windows are failing and leaky.
- Milky film on inside of double paned windows. If you enjoy the benefits of double-paned or triple-paned windows in your home, you may have at some point noticed a thick or milky film developing between the panes. This means their seals are failing, which necessitates repair at the very least, and likely a replacement.
- Damaged frames. Some frames, such as wood, can be refinished and painted a time or two. But when cracks start to appear, or if your vinyl frames take on some serious damage, you’re going to need to replace.
When You Should Replace Your Windows
The signs listed above are clear enough, but there’s still that important question: How often should I replace my windows? As a general rule of thumb you can typically expect, provided the window is of a solid and reliable quality, 20 or so years of service from them. There are some other situations where replacement can be beneficial as well, including:
- You have single-paned windows. Single-paned windows were the standard for a long, long time. But by now they’ve been almost completely phased out by double-pane windows, which are far more energy-efficient and last much longer.
- You’re looking to sell your home. When looking to increase home value and make your home more appealing, new windows can be a huge, cost-efficient selling point. It’s made our list of top home improvements to increase home value, in fact.
Window Replacement in MD, VA & DC
Think it may be time to replace your home windows, or looking for guidance from trusted and certified window experts near you? The window specialists at Shanco have the experience and top-class products you’re looking for!
Contact us online today to discuss your home windows, or call 301-208-0848 for a quote!