Shanco is proud to provide exceptional roofing services to Bowie, MD. We have a long track record of positive reviews, BBB ratings, and highly satisfied customers throughout the DMV. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with the area's highest-rated roofing company.
Bowie Roofing Contractor
With over 20 years of experience, there is not a project that our fully licensed and insured roofing company cannot handle. Shanco’s roof services provide several avenues for your exterior home improvement project. We conduct free roof inspections, roof replacement, roof repair, and storm damage restoration, not to mention additional services like siding, gutters, windows, and more.
Free Roof Inspection Bowie, Maryland
Getting the process started is easy with Shanco. All it takes is a phone call to our customer service team to get you an appointment. All our roof inspections are free. If Bowie has been impacted by severe weather, call the trusted roofer at Shanco.
Our roof inspection process will address the entirety of your roof system. It’s not just asphalt shingle roofing! We look at the condition of the following.
- Gutters and downspouts to ensure that all water is moving swiftly off your roof and away from your foundation. Gutters that sag or leak can create basement leaks or foundation problems for you in the future.
- Soffit seals off the eaves of your home. Additionally, it may contain the start of your passive ventilation system. A blocked soffit can cause ventilation issues in the attic of your home.
- Fascia creates a sturdy space for shingles to start and acts as the backing support for your gutter system. Fascia can be susceptible to rot and insect or critter damage. This damage can lead to gutters pulling away from your Bowie home. It can go insofar as creating an opening for insects or critters to get into your attic space.
- Shingle is a very visible piece of your roof system. Shingles will wear out over time as they are exposed to heat, the cold, wind, and more. Your free roof inspection will look for raised shingles, dents, dings, and tears, and look for shingle granule loss.
- Insulation levels and ventilation can keep your roof system from premature failure. An attic with excess trapped heat and moisture is conducive to mold, mildew, rot, and even wearing out your shingles from the inside. Additionally, excess warmth in the winter months may lead to the formation of ice dams.
- Flashing is an area that is typically metal and on a vertical face of your roof, think your chimney. Flashing exists to direct water away from the vertical face and keep your home safe and dry. Flashing can get damaged by wind, hail, and more. Worn-out sealant or caulking can be the root cause of a leak in your roof.
- Exhaust, roof vent boot, and caulking will vent out of the top of your roof. These exits create points that may be prone to leakage. Rubber and caulking endure everything that mother nature throws at it.
Since all parts of your roof system work in tandem, it’s important to look at the entirety of the roof system to ensure that your system is working properly. Any part that isn’t pulling its weight can create a larger problem for your roof in the future.
Bowie Roof Replacement
After your roof inspection, the team at Shanco may find that your roof needs replacement. Our roof installation process includes a quick turnaround for your home project. Our team will file all the appropriate permits, drop off dumpsters and conduct a yard sweep after the replacement.
With our roof replacement, we’ll remove the existing shingles, and layers and strip your roof down to the decking. If your decking is in rough condition, we’ll remove the decking and replace it with new. We do this because the decking is the foundation of your shingles.
If your existing decking is warped or showing signs of mildew and rot, it will be advantageous to swap it out to ensure that your roof stays in tip-top condition.
Shanco provides lifetime warranties on our total roof replacement. Our warranties are transferrable so if you decide to sell your home, you can pass on the warranty to the new homeowners. There are some restrictions to transferring your roof warranty and your inspector will be able to inform you of when you are able to transfer the warranty.
Roof Repair Bowie MD
A roof repair might be in order if there are only small issues with your roofing system. A roof repair might entail the following:
- Gutter replacement
- Soffit and fascia replacement
- Shingle replacement
- Ventilation repairs to increase airflow
- Flashing repair
Storm Damage Roofing Contractor in Bowie
Bowie, MD receives more than average rainfall than the rest of the United States. Severe weather can reduce the lifespan of your roof. Strong winds can lift shingles and create the opportunity for moisture to penetrate your roof.
Hail damage is another storm concern for your roof. Hail can leave bruised shingles, dings, and dents in your flashing, and shingles. These may seem minute, but they can, in fact, create leaks in your roof.
After a hailstorm, use a trusted roofer to inspect your roof system. Roof damage identification should be left to a trusted local roofing expert. Most homeowners do not have the professional training to notice the damage left behind by hail.
If you are concerned that you may have received storm damage, call the experts at Shanco. We've supported homeowners with insurance claim roof repairs for decades.
To see what weather events your home may have experienced, check our free damage report. Our team will follow up on your request to see if you'd like a free inspection!
Shanco is the Top-Rated Roofing Company Bowie MD
Shanco is the national residential Roofing Contractor of the Year. We take installing high-quality roofs incredibly seriously in Bowie. Just check our Google reviews. Many residents of Bowie have entrusted Shanco with their roofing, siding, windows, and more.
Master Elite Roofing Contractor
As a Master Elite roofer, Washington DC area homeowners know they are going to get a professionally installed roof, with an industry-leading warranty, and a great job cleaning up the area around your home. Roof installs by Master Elite roofers require Shanco to maintain an A+ rating with the BBB.
Simply give us a call or send us a message to get your free roof inspection process started.