No doubt about it, a Maryland winter can be really pretty. But we can go days without getting much sun, either through cloud cover, or just plain being stuck indoors. Is the season getting you down a bit this year? Because if it is, the team at Shanco might have some good news for you.
The Importance of Natural Light
Exposure to full-spectrum sunlight has been proven to have an absolutely huge impact on your overall health and wellness, both mental and physical. We’ve covered this topic recently, which you can peruse here, but here are the high notes:
- Sunlight impacts the production of serotonin, the “feel good” chemical our brains produce.
- Absorbing sunlight helps the body to produce and utilize vitamin D, which is tied to bone health, mental acuity, and mood.
- Exposure to natural light reinforces your circadian rhythm, promoting good, restful sleep.
Sounds pretty important, doesn’t it? But how can you up your in-home natural light? Windows can only do so much, since you can’t really just slap new ones in all over the place due to space limitations. However, you might not be thinking what we’re thinking just yet. If you are looking for a great way to get some more, high-quality natural light in your home, all you have to do is look up.
Install Skylights to Get Great Light
A top-class skylight installation in Montgomery County can be just the ticket to meeting your natural light needs! Skylights are an unobtrusive and unique way to get great lighting into your home, helping you fend off those winter blues in an effective, energy-efficient way. And that’s not all they do! Skylights come with a load of great benefits, many of which will keep on providing all year long:
- Energy-efficiency. Skylights can help naturally warm your home, cutting down on heating costs a bit during the winter months. And for a double benefit, they can be fitted with low-e or treated glass to reflect UV radiation. This means they’ll actually help with cooling in the summer, too, and all while making your world a little bit brighter!
- Private lighting. Many of us deal with having tons of nearby (sometimes too nearby) neighbors. And even if you’re on friendly terms, a poorly chosen window can leave you feeling exposed to the world around you. Skylights are the solution for this, giving you a great source of sunlight without the snooping.
- Creative solutions. Room too small for a new window, or too full of windows already? No problem! A skylight can be installed nearly anywhere, giving you a great solution no matter the situation you’re dealing with.
Skylight Installation in Montgomery County with Shanco
Think a skylight might be just the thing you’ve been looking for? If so, we’re more than happy to help! Our window installation team has been providing leading solutions and products to clients in Maryland for years, and we would love to help! Contact us today to learn more, or to schedule a sit-down with our window experts!